Spondylolisthesis Treatment Available at Pain Care’s Clinic in Griffin, GA
Spondylolisthesis treatment should take numerous factors into account, including the progression of the spinal condition. That’s why Pain Care’s board-certified physicians make it their goal to understand not only what symptoms patients are experiencing but how those symptoms are affecting their lives, as well as what treatment options they may already have tried with varying degrees of success. We also know that spine surgery should be reserved as a last resort due to its inherent risks, so we work to find the least invasive, most effective treatment methods when patients seek spondylolisthesis treatment at our offices in Griffin, Georgia, and throughout the area.
Because spondylolisthesis symptoms typically result from the compression of a nerve root in the spine or the spinal cord, many of the approaches that our Griffin, GA, physicians recommend will consist of managing the symptoms while working to improve overall posture. These spondylolisthesis treatment options can include:
- Stretching – Regular stretching keeps the muscles and ligaments in the spine limber and can improve circulation.
- Bracing – Wearing a neck or back brace can offer passive support to the spine, helping a patient to maintain proper posture throughout the day.
- Medication – Taking anti-inflammatory medication or pain relievers can achieve temporary relief from symptoms. These medications can also make other methods of spondylolisthesis treatment more feasible for patients who might otherwise be experiencing pain too great to try them.
- Exercise – Moderate activity is a beneficial component of almost any spondylolisthesis treatment regimen because it can strengthen the muscles that support the spine, thereby taking some of the stress off the affected levels of the spine. Focusing on the neck or core muscles may be particularly helpful.
- Injections – Steroid injections to the area around an inflamed nerve may provide pain relief that lasts for weeks or months at a time.
If you live in Griffin, GA, and you’d like to learn more about the spondylolisthesis treatment offered at Pain Care, contact us today. You can also request an appointment online or by phone if you’re ready to be seen by one of our highly experienced physicians.