A Pain Care Spine Specialist Can Help Patients in Jackson, GA
Turning to a spine specialist for help in addressing chronic neck or back problems is often a wise choice. With a focus on the intricately connected components of the spine, he or she will have the specialized knowledge needed to make accurate diagnoses and determine the most effective treatment options for their patients. At Pain Care, our patients come to us directly or are referred by their general practitioners so they can receive the specialized care that they need from one of the most experienced teams in the area. Our physicians have been helping patients in Jackson, Georgia, and other neighboring communities to manage pain conditions for years – conditions in which the spine often plays a role.
Some of the issues that a Pain Care spine specialist can offer assistance with include:
- Radiculopathy, or radiating pain, often caused by a pinched nerve in the neck or lower back
- Sciatica, a specific type of radiculopathy sometimes associated with a pinched nerve in the lower back
- Coccydynia, or tailbone pain, caused by inflammation at the bottom of the spine
- Facet joint disease, or spinal osteoarthritis
- Spinal stenosis, or a narrowing of the passageways of the spine through which nerves travel
- Post laminectomy syndrome, or problems that affect people who have had unsuccessful neck or back surgery
Treatment methods will depend on a number of factors, including of the type of condition being treated, as well as the patient’s medical history. Each Pain Care spine specialist is capable of guiding patients through conservative regimens – which may include elements such as exercise, physical therapy, and medication. For those who would be better served by more direct treatment, a spine specialist can also perform injections and minimally invasive procedures.
If you’d like to consult with a spine specialist at Pain Care’s Jackson, Georgia, location, contact us today to request an appointment.